ROADMAP TO SUBORDINATION
Subordination of an Enterprise PKI to Federated Trust is known as CertiPath Standard Service. In order to initiate the activity required to achieve subordination to the CertiPath Root, the applying organization must submit an Application for Subordination. This application must be submitted along with the following documentation for CertiPath Policy Management Authority approval:
- Certification Practices Statement for the Principal CA that will be subordinated to the CertiPath Root
- Key Recovery Practices Statement that demonstrates compliance with the CertiPath Key Recovery Policy (as appropriate)
- Architectural Diagram detailing the components of the applicant’s PKI.
Additional documentation must be submitted prior to completion of the mapping activity:
- Third Party Auditor Operational Compliance Analysis letter asserting that the Principal CA’s operations meet the requirements set forth in the associated CP/CPS.
- Certificate Artifacts for Interoperability Testing
Upon successful completion of the document review and the interoperability testing, the results are submitted to the Policy Management Authority for final review and approval to subordinate. For more information or to initiate the subordination process, please contact CertiPath.